Amidst recent anti-Asian attacks that are just the latest incidents in a long history of white supremacy, systemic racism, and gender-based violence, Neighborhood Funders Group is in solidarity with our friends at Asian Americans/Pacific Islanders in Philanthropy (AAPIP). We are proud to co-sponsor AAPIP's upcoming webinar, Seeking to Soar: A Call for Collective Action.
The recent anti-Asian attacks are the latest in the U.S.’s long history of white supremacy, systemic racism, and gendered violence. Even as anti-Asian violence increases, a new report from AAPIP revealed that only 0.2% of foundation funding goes to AAPI communities. In other words, AAPI communities receive 20 cents per $100 awarded by foundations. NFG is mobilizing the philanthropic sector to fund AAPI, Black, Indigenous, and people of color communities and have signed AAPIP’s Call for Solidarity and Collective Action alongside over 700 philanthropic professionals and allies.
Join us for Seeking to Soar: A Call for Collective Action, which will include:
- A closer look at AAPIP’s new report, Seeking to Soar: Foundation Funding for AAPI Communities, highlighting key findings and recommendations
- A CEO-level panel discussion on how philanthropy can support AAPI communities for the long-term featuring:
This webinar is open to professionals in grantmaking institutions or philanthropy-serving organizations only.
We hope you will join us for this important conversation about supporting AAPI communities alongside all communities of color toward an inclusive democracy.
- Aleyamma Mathew, Executive Director, Collective Future Fund
- James Head, President & CEO, East Bay Community Foundation
- Mariko Silver, President & CEO, Henry Luce Foundation
- CHANGE Philanthropy
- Emerging Practitioners in Philanthropy (EPIP)
- Funders' Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP)
- Funders for LGBTQ Issues
- Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees (GCIR)
- Grantmakers in Education
- National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy (NCRP)
- Neighborhood Funders Group (NFG)
- Northern California Grantmakers (NCG)
- Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity (PRE)
- Southeastern Council on Foundations (SECF)
- Washington Regional Association of Grantmakers
- Women’s Funding Network (WFN)
Apr 19, 2021
10:00 am - 11:30 am