Neighborhood Funders Group (“NFG,” “we,” or “us”) values and respects your privacy rights. This policy covers the information practices of http://www.nfg.org (“website") and services delivered by NFG ("Services"). Below you’ll find an explanation on how we collect, use and share information. This policy applies only to NFG's collection and use of information through its website, and does not apply to the collection and use of information obtained through other means. For questions or concerns regarding this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information We Collect
Financial Information: We do not collect or store any financial account information for website users other than the history of their payments, dues, and program registrations. We process payments via Authorize.net, a third-party provider.
How We Use Collected Information
NFG may use the collected information to contact website users for support, the improvement of existing Services, or the announcement of new Services. Any such communications will conform to the user’s self-selected preferences. Users can opt out from receiving such notifications at any time.
Data Processed on Behalf of Users
Users utilize Services to store and process their data ("Users' Data"). NFG stores and processes Users' Data only on behalf of, and as instructed by, our users. For example, Users' Data may be viewed or accessed by NFG for the purpose of technical or user support. Users are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their website login credentials. Unless instructed by the user (or where required by law), NFG will not review, share, distribute, print, or reference any Users' Data on our website.
Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We occasionally conduct online surveys to learn more about your views on important topics in philanthropy. We use the survey data to improve our programs and Services. We may publicize the results as a public service, but only in such a manner so as not to reveal any personally-identifying information.
Email Newsletters and Listserv
We may also offer you the opportunity to subscribe to a listserv or email newsletters on topics that we believe are of interest to our visitors. If you have opted to participate in a listserv and/or receive a particular newsletter, you have an option to unsubscribe at any time.
Providing security for the personal information that you submit is a top priority. We use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption, and other technologies and processes such as encryption, access control procedures, network firewalls, physical security, and other measures intended to protect the information that you provide to us. These measures increase the security and privacy of information traveling to, from, and within NFG. Only our authorized employees or agents carrying out permitted business functions are allowed to access personal information. Please be aware, however, that no physical or electronic security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our servers or databases, nor can we guarantee that the information that you supply to us will not be intercepted during transmission over the internet.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our website links to other organizations whose privacy practices may differ from those of NFG. If you submit personal information to any of these sites, your information is subject to their policies. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that you visit.
Your Data Protection Rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- You have the right to access, correct, update or request deletion of the personal information we collect about you. You can easily access and make changes to your NFG Profile at any time by logging into the website and visiting the “My Account” tab on the top menu. Additionally, you may send such requests to email@example.com.
- You have the right to opt out of marketing communications we send you at any time. See the section "Opting Out" above.
- We aim to acknowledge and respond to all access, correction, update, opt-out and deletion requests within 30 days of receipt. We will respond to all requests from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
In addition, if you reside in the European Economic Area or Switzerland, you also have the following rights:
- You have the right to object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information. You can exercise these rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we have collected and processed your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to the data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority. Contact details for data protection authorities in the European Economic Area, Switzerland and certain non-European countries (including the US and Canada) are available at http://ec.europa.eu/justice/article-29/structure/data-protection-authorities/index_en.htm.
NFG’s website is not directed to children and we will not knowingly allow anyone under the age of 13 to use this website to provide us with any personally-identifiable information. Children always should get permission from their parents before sending any information such as their names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers over the Internet. If you are under 13, please do not provide any information about yourself on this website.
We retain the personal information we collect only when there is an ongoing legitimate business need to do so. For example, to provide users with the requested Service or to comply with applicable legal, tax, or accounting regulations.
If there is no ongoing legitimate business need to store Users' Data, NFG will either delete or anonymize it. If this is not possible as is the case with archived backups, NFG will securely store Users' Data and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.