Health and housing stability have always been closely intertwined. But when our collective health depends on our ability to stay home, we all have a stake in ensuring that millions of us do not lose the roofs over our heads. This is an opportunity for health funders and housing funders to strengthen the connection between our sectors and learn about opportunities to fund power-building at this strategic nexus.
Please feel free to forward this to your other funder colleagues who are interested in health and/or housing justice work.
- Nile Malloy, NFG's Democratizing Development Program
- Caroline Brunton, W. K. Kellogg Foundation
- Alex Desautels, The California Endowment
- TC Duong, Blue Shield of California Foundation
- Chris Kabel, Kresge Foundation
- Giridhar Mallya, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Osula Evadne Rushing, Grantmakers In Health
As we look back on the toll of the past year and the long history of health inequities and housing precarity, we know a just recovery must center the demands set by our communities and our movements. Our partnership is strengthened by a shared vision where all of our communities, particularly low-income communities, have homes that are truly affordable, stable, and dignified, and where everyone has health, power, and belonging.
Feb 18, 2021
10:30 am - 12:00 pm