COVID Community Care Protocols
As NFG prepares to gather in person for our National Convening, we are mindful of the many and conflicting tensions and realities of this moment. It is our intention to convene in a way that honors our commitments to self-determination, caregiving, family, and community and collective wellness. That means being in reflection and dialogue about who we are accountable to, what we need to be safe and well, and holding logistics with care and integrity.
For those attending NFG’s National Convening in Wilmington, we ask that you respect the following protocols. We want everyone to be comfortable, and we want to make sure to respect individual boundaries and risk assessment/tolerance:
- Upload either proof of COVID vaccination (NFG will not retain copies of vaccination records) or a negative PCR test (taken within the last 48 hours prior to arrival) into our third-party verification app before your arrival in Wilmington. App details will be shared soon.
- Conduct a self-administered rapid test on site each day, starting with your arrival day. NFG will provide adequate rapid tests for all attendees.
- Continue to rapid test at least once, and as needed over the next ten days after you leave Wilmington.
- Wear a N95, KN95, or KN94 mask covering your nose and mouth whenever indoors (including hotel common spaces like halls, elevators, and stairwells), unless actively eating or drinking. NFG will provide suitable masks for all attendees. If someone asks you to wear a mask, please do so.
- Refrain from hugs and handshakes without consent.
- We will provide ample breaks between our time together indoors and will have accessibility to outdoor space for meals and informal time together.
While NFG will strive towards collective wellness and make every reasonable effort to mitigate exposure, NFG cannot guarantee that participants will not be exposed to, or become sick from exposure to, COVID-19 or its variants.
If you test positive at any point while in Wilmington, or during the ten days days after you leave Wilmington, please:
- Notify NFG’s designated person (these details will be shared soon) as soon as you receive the result. They will help you to coordinate further testing (if needed), supplies, extend your hotel stay, rebook flights, and any other reasonable requests.
- Do not attend the remaining sessions in-person, but please feel free to join any programming that is offered virtually if and as you feel able.
- If needed, you can stay at the Hotel Ballast until you feel well enough to travel.
- NFG will not disclose the identity of any participants who test positive for COVID unless they expressly consent to being identified.
We will reaffirm our commitment to these protocols at the start of each day’s program. Thank you in advance for joining the NFG community in our efforts to (re)gather in a way that centers collective wellness and respect.
May 8, 2023 - May 11, 2023
NFG Members – $800
Non-Members – $1200
Local Funders – $800